Photo credit: @garyjonesphotos
Lee Johnston led a shortened Superbike practice qualifying session on the opening day of action at the North West 200 in Northern Ireland.
Before the session was halted, Johnston lapped at 116.701mph on the Fireblade SP2 as he set the quickest speed of the day ahead of Tyco BMW’s Michael Dunlop, who clocked a lap at 115.577mph.
1. Lee Johnston Honda 116.701mph
2. Michael Dunlop BMW 115.577
3. James Cowton Kawasaki 113.662
4. Glenn Irwin Ducati 113.452
5. James Hillier Kawasaki 112.927
6. Conor Cummins Honda 112.762
— Lee Johnston (@Lee_johnston13) May 15, 2018